Signalcable Power cords -- which one?
Oct 3, 2003 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BillyHOEZ

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,
Shopping for some power cords, and with my budget, i've narrowed it down to the Signalcable power cords for my music hall cd 25. I'm confused - - should i get the MagicPower Digital AC cord, or the MagicPower Power AC cord? The Power AC supposedly has better terminations and can handle higher amperes, but its unshielded. will this affect the player's power reception greatly in an environment surrounded by CRT monitors, speakers, computers, etc? Which is the better cable? thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 3
they are great over there, and would definatly answer your questions.

They have a newer 'digital' cable now so i last heard. The magic power AC is more suited for an amp, the digital cable might be for you. I own the 4 foot magic power AC, im using it with my dac and it does sound nice... though I do notice some electric hum. I have it fed into my monster power bar too...

Oct 3, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 3
yeah...i emailed the company and they said that the digital cable would suit my needs better....but i wonder how much of an improvement i would get compared to the stock power cord. If the brickwall works well in my configuration, then i'll be using the 15amp, 8 outlet surge/filter in conjunction with this cable. does anyone here have any first hand experiences with this kind of setup? and most importantly, would the improvements be fairly noticeable? all thoughts are greatly appreciated...thanks a lot!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back