Sidebar
May 6, 2010 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Crazy*Carl

500+ Head-Fier
Since they closed the last thread, here is a thread dedicated to the new right sidebar -  rendering 1/3 of the space useless on the new head-fi.

The administrator said you can make the forum full width, except this sidebar.  Well that is what the entire griping about the width issue is based on.

This might be the icing on the cake for me here.
frown.gif

May 7, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 8

Indeed. The old head-fi was pretty similar to the setup now with the sponsor links on the right and the text boxes around this size. However there was a theme (I think it was called Ad Lite?) that extended it to the length of your screen and removed the sponsors links and such so that may be why people are complaining about the right sidebar area. It just will take some time..give it a couple days to adjust. I'd like to remove the right sidebar area and extend the forums all the way but I'll see in a couple days.

May 7, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 8

Will not be long before this thread gets locked as well.It looks like the only one's welcome are those that think the downgrade looks good,and they seem to be very few apart from some looking for brownie points.

May 7, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 8
I miss the old ad-lite layout. Where the sidebars were completely gone and the thread itself filled all out on both left and right side.
One of the reasons I became a contributing member level 3 a couple of years back!

Edit: The ads are gone when the "Turn off Advertising" option is ticked in my profile, but there is still a sidebar on the right taking up 1/3 of the page width. :frowning2:

May 7, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

Edit: The ads are gone when the "Turn off Advertising" option is ticked in my profile, but there is still a sidebar on the right taking up 1/3 of the page width. :frowning2:

Same for me.
Would be nice if we could turn those "features" off and have it stretch all of the way to the edge. :wink:

May 7, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 8
My normal browser size for general use.  Real efficient use of space here........

And the forum no longer scales to large picture sizes.  And there is there is stupid slow motion auto scroll every time you make a post you have to sit through. And the spell check does not work.  The list goes on.

Really, what on earth were they thinking when they made this?  Is it April fools...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back