Shure SRH440 Impression
Jul 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #421 of 427
  How do we make the headband more comfortable? Use the headband for HD600? Is it OK to use double-sided mounting tape to hold it in place rather than velcro?

Have you found an answer to this? I hate the headband too.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #423 of 427
  Yes. I sent them back :) I got the NAD VISO HP50 during a sale and love them.

Damn! Good for you. I will just something that might fit this and call it a day. :)

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #424 of 427
anyone still using srh440 up to this day? can you recommend these for everyday train commute? commute is roughly just an hour and a half going to work and the same going home.. an hour by train, 30 min walking.. i mostly listen to rock music,( like Greenday, Foo Fighters, Beatles, Queen, Metallica, Slayer,Megadeth, System of a Down ,Pantera.. ).. right now i am using a 4th gen greyscale iPod on LOD with Lear FSM-01 amp.

I know my reply is coming way too late for you, but if it helps someone else...

I definitely would NOT recommend the SRH440s for commuting. They are heavy, uncomfortable and have poor isolation for closed headphones. A much better choice is the Sony MDRV6. I have both sets of headphones right in front of me and there's no comparison. Sonys win hands down. Both in terms of comfort and sound.

That being said, the MDRV6, like the SRH440, has a long cable, which is designed for studio use, not mobile use. It's a coiled cable, so that helps somewhat...but this is still a caveat.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #425 of 427
Had a spare pair of SRH440 drivers liberated from their busted housing. Remembered the Creative Aurvana Live! I was holding onto for spare parts.
So I installed the drivers. The sound is far better than I could have ever hoped. I feared getting fatiguing treble peaks, but fortunately got none at all - if anything, upper treble could use a bit of boost. The only downside is upper bass and lower mids being more boosted than I would like, but it is nothing serious. Otherwise, phat overall sound and deep, deep bass with great articulation, texture, and detail. Very fun and clear sound, I got quite lucky with this little idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back