Shure SE115's
May 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

huntman21014

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone! I have lurked for months around the different forums and just recently I have made my first IEM purchase that was better than the JVC Marshmallows and Skullcandy Ink'd.

I went into my local Best Buy and found a pair of SE110's on sale for $70, I thought pretty good deal and purchased them. I got them home and did some listening and the sound was a lot better than my previous headphones. I did some research and tried the vaseline on the tips but still the bass was lacking.

I went back today after they started crackling to get another pair when I found the SE115's for the same price. I did an exchange and they sound a lot better with bass but I believe there is something lacking in the highs.

I know the reason the bass is better is because of the difference in speaker design but also because of this I am wondering if my SE115's need burn in.

I know the SE110's didn't because of the balanced armature drivers but do the SE115's need burn in?

Sorry for all the questions, I only have one more, I have a pair of triple flange earplugs and I know they offer triple flange tips for the SE115, would those help the highs along with burning them in?

May 16, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Yes, dynamic drivers need burn-in.

As for the tips, you own them, you tell me.

May 17, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, dynamic drivers need burn-in.

As for the tips, you own them, you tell me.

Alright, I will follow the burn in guide here, what I meant by my post was that I own a pair of the etymotic triple flange earplugs and I like the fit. They offer triple flanged tips for the Shure SE line and I am wondering if they would help the highs as they offer more isolation than the regular olive tips

May 17, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I will follow the burn in guide here, what I meant by my post was that I own a pair of the etymotic triple flange earplugs and I like the fit. They offer triple flanged tips for the Shure SE line and I am wondering if they would help the highs as they offer more isolation than the regular olive tips

Yes they will! Try my mod. The link is the tutorial in my sig. Works with all SE earphones. Report back your progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back