Shure E3C Equalizer settings
Aug 27, 2008 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sa_ill

Head-Fier
Hey
Just got the Shure E3c....its been difficult getting used to them since I was using Sennheiser CX300 for the past 2 years.....they really lack the bass.

Ive heard the trick to E3C is the equalizer setting....does anyone know them?...or can anyone help out?

Plus, I'm looking for a new MP3 player, purely for music, nothing else.
Just Sold my Archos 504 since it was too bulky. Please Suggest!!

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 9
What is it about the E3 that you want to change? if it sounds good then leave it alone. I used to own the E4 and needed to boost treble for my liking.

I use a Cowon iAudio 7 player. It's small, has great battery life and it sound great! If you like EQ and sound enhancements, Cowon players will please.

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 9
I had the E3s for 2 years and found it too much midtrebleoriented; so my EQ was is the vorm of a V, with the lower point on the right side of the centre. Of course, it also depends on your music, player and taste, so experiment. BTW, if you like the E3s, the E4s share the sound signature but are tonally more balanced and detailed, so if you're ever troubled by upgraditus...

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 9
I feel your pain. I had the same issue with the E3Cs I purchased and I finally purchased a pair of UM2s to replace them. I still have them and use them with a Sandisk MP3 player. It has an eq that works, allowing me to boost the bass.

None of the iPods that I have used will produce the kind of bass needed to make the E3C sound good (IMHO). Also, use the olive sleeves. They produce better bass.

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm looking for a new MP3 player, purely for music, nothing else.

I thought the Shures might seem to lack some bass for you, considering the canal phones you had before ... but don't panic -- there are players out there for you (and your ears will adjust a bit to the E3's, in time ... although I agree that you'll want a player that's bassier and/or more EQ'able).

What capacity do you want?

For example, for music-only in a tiny package, the Sandisk Sansa Clip has very good sound quality -- it is EQ'able and has a fairly "big" sound right out of the box. (If the available capacities aren't large enough for you, you can always get more than one -- these are an excellent value ... in my opinion, and the opinions of many Head-Fi posters.) I've briefly tried the Sandisk Fuze, and the sound seemed basically the same as the Clip, at least to my ears in the limited time I worked with it (a couple of days ... it was for a friend who doesn't have a computer, and I was loading it with songs). Also, there are players from Samsung and Sony that have good, user-adjustable sound (just because a player has a screen doesn't mean you have to watch videos on it), to name just two examples.

I hope some of these are available to you. Good luck!

Creative Muvo 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Carbon 5GB
Cowon iAudio 5 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Karma 20GB (low-mileage collector’s item)
Creative Zen Nano 1GB
Samsung YP-U2 512MB
4th Generation 40GB iPod (monochrome; used as home jukebox)
2nd Generation iPod Nano 4GB
Creative Zen Stone 1GB
iRiver T60 2GB
Sandisk Sansa Clip 1GB
Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB

Aug 27, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 9
You can try the Creative Zen.. I find that it has an awesome EQ, since its customizeable.. If the E3C is like my SE110 you can try my EQ (which is pritty wacky..).

80hz- +8db
250hz -5db
1khz- -7db
4khz- +1db
13khz- +5db

I am not a fan of the midranges haha, but I find that this sounds absolutly perfect. Everyone hates the SE110, and they arn't that great with the wrong player. I find that with this EQ is brings out what the SE110 can do.. You can try it on your E3C's, since they are kinda indentical.

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 9
For my E3c on my zune i had set the Zune 30 to eq preset to"electronic". Worked pretty good.

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #9 of 9
well....I want a player with atleast 80Gb....but I heard the Cowon and Sandisk smaller players have better sound quality than any hard drive players....

Or is there any 80gig player which has quality to match the cowon or sandisk?

Although I am willing to sacrifice the hard drive space for the most supreme sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back