Should I sell my HD800?
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #16 of 24
I think the only rational answer to your question is to sell them…to me for really cheap.

Tuff question to answer though. I’ve sold things and thought I’d felt great to free up some space and money. Other times if sold things and ended up with sellers regret. The nice thing with headphones is they are pretty replaceable if not emotionally attached to a certain pair.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 24
The serial number is 35xxx. And indeed made in Germany (were they ever made anywhere else?). Where does that number sit on the desirability scale?

Some HD800S are Made in Ireland. I don't know if production of the original HD800 was always in Germany or not. I don't follow serial numbers too closely personally, I just know a bunch of people do.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #18 of 24
Some HD800S are Made in Ireland. I don't know if production of the original HD800 was always in Germany or not. I don't follow serial numbers too closely personally, I just know a bunch of people do.
Thank you!

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 24
If you've already found a sound you like and use only that headset more than 90% of the time, there's little reason to leave the others behind. Might as well sell and upgrade your current equipment for a good deal.

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #21 of 24
Have you tried eq-ing your HD800 before selling them? In my case, it made an incredible difference and completely changed my perception of them. Now firmly a keeper again and frequently stunned by their performance.

Mar 25, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 24
Have you tried eq-ing your HD800 before selling them? In my case, it made an incredible difference and completely changed my perception of them. Now firmly a keeper again and frequently stunned by their performance.
Hi guys,

Thanks for the friendly advice, but my HD800 has found a happy new owner by now.I still agree they are great cans but I barely find the time to properly use my Utopias and simply don't have the time for several setups.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back