Shops in the USA where you can audition STAX?
Jul 18, 2016 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
I noticed that in some areas (especially Europe and Asia), there are plenty of shops where you can audition STAX headphone systems. However, in the United States, this is not the case at all. If you know of any, please list them here!

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 7
did you ever get some leads on this? also looking for some online stores that might be able to offer an audition

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 7
I have not seen a single STAX on display at any hifi store I have been to in the US. There are a few in Hong Kong, but definitely not "plenty of shops". I have been holding off on STAX for the longest time because if there were ever a problem, it's going to take months get it shipped to and from Japan.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 7
headamp said they would but when i followed up just got crickets. search continues..

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 7
The Source AV in Torrance, CA (greater Los Angeles) have the Stax SR-900S and Stax L700MK2 set up for audition through a DAVE/BHSE combo. They are also in line to receive the Stax SR-X9000 for demo at some point, nominally by the end of February, although I imagine that's optimistic.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 7
The Source AV in Torrance, CA (greater Los Angeles) have the Stax SR-900S and Stax L700MK2 set up for audition through a DAVE/BHSE combo. They are also in line to receive the Stax SR-X9000 for demo at some point, nominally by the end of February, although I imagine that's optimistic.
thanks for the tip. i saw you have the pro iesl, are you using that for stax?

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 7
thanks for the tip. i saw you have the pro iesl, are you using that for stax?
No, the only eStat I currently own is the HFM Shangri-la Junior. I'm potentially interested in the Stax SR-X9000, but I pretty much never buy gear without auditioning it beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back