Shokz - The perfect niche product
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrMan

100+ Head-Fier
About 5-10% are going to absolutely love them, 40% are going to wish it had some feature and the other 50% are going to hate them.

Pros:
- Probably the only type of headphones you could use for underwater swimming, rated IP68 (The highest waterproof I know of)
- Once they are on your head, they stay there. You could do 10 flips in a row and they'd stay on
- Extremely light. You put them on your head and you forget about them
- No matter how high you turn these up people around you won't hear a thing
- The audio is quite good. It's not audiophile but what you'd expect from a 30-40$ pair of headphones at 20-20k frequency. (The Swim Shokz are $150)

Pro/Con (Depending on who you are)
- You can hear everything around you 100% (Great for jobs where you need to talk to people, great for swimming and great for biking/walking near busy roads)
- Controls are easy, turn power on and that's it. (no fast forward, no skip etc)
- Can get ABSURDLY bassy. At high volumes when a deep bass note is played it will shake the side of your ear. At normal volume this isn't an issue.

Cons
- No bluetooth (Bluetooth is terrible in water and would add extra weight/battery usage)
- If you're looking for noise cancelling these are the absolute worst pair of headphones you could consider.
- Should not be used in salt water. They function perfectly in salt water but over time will ruin the charging port.
- You have to read the instructions to use these properly. Some of the features are not intuitive.

1689124063590.png

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 2
Do you know what EQ settings are used for the "swim/earbuds" mode ? I'd like to reproduce it for cheaper bone conduction headphones I bought, directly by modifying the audio files (a trialL. I red Shokz' mode betters the underwater sound, that I find muffed and with boosted and muddy basses (while the normal "dry" listening is quite ok... for a sound outside ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back