Shock! Horror! Cable companies start a Measurements programme
Oct 27, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #46 of 48
If they can prove that cables make an audible difference over a regular monsters cable, they will win 1 million dollars.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder what would happen if they measured and they were exactly the same, would they doctor the results?
If they are saying theyre going to measure it publicly, they must be pretty confident they can get contrasting results.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #47 of 48
this is very interesting stuff... long awaited by me (an electrical engineer). I always have a hard time truly believing all the significant increases in tonality and everything else past a certain point of cable cost (over $150 or $250). All it takes is some time and a spectrum analyzer to start... It's just hard for me to spend an exorbitant amount of money on cables when the signal paths on the printed boards inside every component, and leads from those components, will add so much more distortion than the mid-high quality cables used to interconnect them.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #48 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You see, my concern is that if cable companies knew what they were doing and were actually "engineering" products, wouldn't they have already done this research prior to making the product?

But they didn't need to, I mean can't you hear the difference! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back