Shipping price cost more than actual product???
Jan 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

my.self

500+ Head-Fier
i just bought a 4 inch mini-mini right angles from headroom. at first i was like ok, $9.95 bucks for 4 inches? eh....ok ill deal with that. but then, the shipping is what really surprised me. it was 10 dollars for shipping for a 4 inch cable. the shipping itself costed more than the actual product. im just wondering if any of u buyers of headroom have had similar events like what happend to me. im just wondering why the shipping is 10 dollars for a 4 inch cable. for heavier products i understand, but a 4 inch cable? does anyone else have the same feeling towards this as i do?

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just bought a 4 inch mini-mini right angles from headroom. at first i was like ok, $9.95 bucks for 4 inches? eh....ok ill deal with that. but then, the shipping is what really surprised me. it was 10 dollars for shipping for a 4 inch cable. the shipping itself costed more than the actual product. im just wondering if any of u buyers of headroom have had similar events like what happend to me. im just wondering why the shipping is 10 dollars for a 4 inch cable. for heavier products i understand, but a 4 inch cable? does anyone else have the same feeling towards this as i do?

There is a bare minimum they have to pay the guy for moving it, even if it does weigh almost nothing.

Jan 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ask them to do USPS shipping next time. They will do this only for very small/light/hard to damage items.

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #5 of 15
In their Shipping Information page it states:

Quote:

For inexpensive packages weighing under 1 pound AND totaling under $50, we also offer USPS Priority Mail Shipping within the continental USA [ONLY] for $6-$8 upon customer request.

Count yourselves lucky though....minimum shipping cost to an overseas location is around $35, FedEx only.

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 15
You guys are lucky. But not so for us here elsewhere in the world. Recently I completed a purchase of my second iRiver H120 off eBay. I paid $110 for the DAP itself and $120 for courier 1-3 days guaranteed delivery. That was a purchase from Australia to Malaysia.

And that's not the first time. When I purchased a Tomahawk from Ray over a year ago, the minimum that I have to pay was $70.00 to Fedex the amp all the way to Malaysia.

That's the price for peace of mind. I have had horror stories of items missing in transit using the normal international post.

I am not complaining, it's just that you guys need to put things into perspective and appreciate the low shipping charges incurred.

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 15
We have become a country of inept whiners!
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 15
I don't feel like that is a rip off at all. There is a minimum that you have to pay fedex and the like to ship anything, in order to make it worth the companies' time. I don't see why it would be that surprising. Have you ever paid less than 7-10 dollars to ship anything not via the post office?

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just buy more next time.
wink.gif

Seems like a logical resolution to your problem..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

I do this when I dont need the item I bought urgently but add a few dollars for the insurance,Post office is not famous with their great job in Turkey,

Once I found my box in Japan after an investigation for 2 months.It shopposed to go to China.Its like a bad joke!

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't feel like that is a rip off at all. There is a minimum that you have to pay fedex and the like to ship anything, in order to make it worth the companies' time. I don't see why it would be that surprising. Have you ever paid less than 7-10 dollars to ship anything not via the post office?

Not to mention if you're running a business you have to pay someone to box the thing up and take it to UPS or have someone schedule a pickup, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back