Shanling UP5 displaying AAC only
Sep 14, 2023 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
I tried everything guys, im using Apple Music and all the settings are set for lossless. What is going on? I have the companion app and have all codecs enabled, running version 1.6.3. Is this an iPhone issue? I've also tried this on my Mac and it's the same.

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 5
Ahh makes sense, so there is no point in downloading lossless files then if its limited to AAC.
Not if Apple and using bluetooth. I'd do 320 fixed rate and save the space. In theory ALAC may still play at a higher downconverted rate but it's also working harder in the process.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Not if Apple and using bluetooth. I'd do 320 fixed rate and save the space. In theory ALAC may still play at a higher downconverted rate but it's also working harder in the process.
Yeah apple uses 256KB AAC from Apple Music, that is equivalent to a 328 mp3 in quality since AAC is really good. So really my best bet is to stream lossless in that case so I can get the 320 AAC rather than 256 AAC. That said Hi-Res would be a waste then. Honestly I can't reliable tell the difference between lossless and a quality compressed AAC file anyways when I did some ABX tests online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back