Setup options/opinions
Sep 17, 2003 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
Okay most headamps don't seem to have mulitple inputs so if you were me, and you were trying to connect your DVD-A, Soundcard, headamp and receiver together so that you could listen to either input from you soundcard or your DVD-A player through your receiver (speakers) or your headamp, how would you set it up? I'm looking for as transparent a setup possible without spending over $200 to acheive it.

Sep 17, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 6
rca splitters?

Sep 17, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 6
well, okay that would work for getting the analog signal from the DVD-A to both the headamp and the receiver, but what about getting the soundcard signal to the headamp?

-EDIT-

if I split again won't I be losing a lot of signal quality?

Sep 17, 2003 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
well, okay that would work for getting the analog signal from the DVD-A to both the headamp and the receiver, but what about getting the soundcard signal to the headamp?

-EDIT-

if I split again won't I be losing a lot of signal quality?

mini to rca -> rca splitter? i wouldn't think hooking up 3 or 4 rca splitters in a row would really screw up the signal but as lead useless poster i wouldn't trust me too much. there is that headroom switchbox but i think that thing costs like 150 or something. (sorry too lazy to look it up at the moment)

Sep 17, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 6
my bad... actually it does look like it will work... I could connect the DVD-A on the 3 input and use it's loop out to get to the receiver, and I could connect the soundcard to one of the other inputs and use the switched out to connect to the headamp...

thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back