Setup issues please help
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Petes67bird

Head-Fier
Hi, I have a few questions. I have an odd room upstairs. My 60 inch TV sits diagonally in one corner and across from it about 12 feet away I sit in a recliner. I am gonna purchase a setup but my wife hates wires. Even so, I am going wired :frowning2:.

So my plan is to buy the G4ME One from Sennheiser and a mixamp. I am gonna keep the mixamp next to me at the recliner. I want to run a long optical and USB cord from the back of the mixamp to my ps4. I am gonna run it under the carpet along the baseboards. In order to accomplish this, the cords will need to be about 25-30 feet in length.

I am pretty sure optical is OK up to about 45 feet without loss of quality. I am not sure about that USB cord. Anyone have any information or advice on what to do. I don't want to do a test and check as I do not have sufficient funds after these purchases. Thanks for any and all help, you guys are great.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi, I have a few questions. I have an odd room upstairs. My 60 inch TV sits diagonally in one corner and across from it about 12 feet away I sit in a recliner. I am gonna purchase a setup but my wife hates wires. Even so, I am going wired
frown.gif

So my plan is to buy the G4ME One from Sennheiser and a mixamp. I am gonna keep the mixamp next to me at the recliner. I want to run a long optical and USB cord from the back of the mixamp to my ps4. I am gonna run it under the carpet along the baseboards. In order to accomplish this, the cords will need to be about 25-30 feet in length.

I am pretty sure optical is OK up to about 45 feet without loss of quality. I am not sure about that USB cord. Anyone have any information or advice on what to do. I don't want to do a test and check as I do not have sufficient funds after these purchases. Thanks for any and all help, you guys are great.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I've had optical cable runs of 50ft to connect two rooms audio systems and noticed no issues with the signal quality. As for USB you typically do not see cable lengths greater than 15ft. Monoprice sells 30ft cables on the cheap with active repeaters (link) than seam to be well reviewed. I have no experience with them but they can be had on the cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back