Set up for Gaming
Sep 7, 2004 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm a bit confused. The Audigy 2 has a line level out is it a true line out? If I use an amp eg. Meta42 from the line out and connect it to a good set of gaming headphones will it be an improvement over an unamped scenario? So the question is do amps help make you more competitive when you game? eg in sound imaging etc. Thanks so much!

Sep 7, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yongenhui
Hi I'm a bit confused. The Audigy 2 has a line level out is it a true line out? If I use an amp eg. Meta42 from the line out and connect it to a good set of gaming headphones will it be an improvement over an unamped scenario? So the question is do amps help make you more competitive when you game? eg in sound imaging etc. Thanks so much!

It all depends on how high/low your impedance of the headphone is... most line outs tend to drive low impedance phones well right out of the box... it's the high impedance ones that need amp usually...

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yongenhui
Also if SPDIF Output instead is used and connected to an amp, are the EAX details removed?

No. It's been tested here and despite what Creative says the EAX effects are in the SPDIF output as well as the analog.

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks so much you're answered both of my questions
smily_headphones1.gif
I saw from the sigs that alot of you connect your sound card to your amps. May I know what cables you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back