Sennheiser Wireless Headphones
Aug 7, 2015 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TehGoat

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to decide between all the RS models. I will be using them for gaming and tv/movies and will be adding a modmic 4.0. They all seem pretty good and i was going to go with the RS 185's but I was reading that the bass leaves a lot to be desired.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

Aug 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, while I haven't heard the RS series, Sennheiser open headphones are generally not known for big bass, so not surprised. But the RS series are known for some of the best wireless sound. If you want bass emphasis, you might have to go wired.

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I have heard that the 175's are pretty good for base but the 185's ore a lot better sound wise. I'm coming from some Turtle beach px3's so I would assume maybe that it would not take much to impress me with a top quality pair of headphones. I'm used to the bass on the px'3 so if that is terrible bass by audiophile standards then I'm sure any of the RS models would be great.

Aug 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 4
There is a difference between bass quantity and bass quality. I would imagine that the RS 185 has decent bass quality, but perhaps people were disappointed in the quantity. This is just speculation since I have not heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back