Sennheiser HD8 DJ's + Schiit Which head phone amp?
Jun 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mesamitch

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i got my HD8 DJ's 

when i first got them i did not like them all that much but for some reason now i love them, i don't know if i just gave them a chance or if burn in is a real thing?
but anyways my question is 

i have never bought a DAC and Amp before ever so i have no clue what sounds better

i was wondering on the Vali or the Magni sense the vali is only 20 dollars more is it a lot better then the Magni ?
or which one sounds better with these headphones

because i have been playing guitar sense 9 years old and i know Tube amps for playing guitar is 1000% better then a amp with out tubes. sounds more Full and Deep does the same thing go for a Headphone Amplifier ?

im also using a Sound blaster ZX sound card right now so i plan to get the schiit stuff for fathers day i hope it kicks my sound cards ass

so Which one would you guys get the Magni or Vali? paired with the modi for the sennhesier HD8 Dj's? 

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hey guys i got my HD8 DJ's 
when i first got them i did not like them all that much but for some reason now I love them, i don't know if i just gave them a chance or if burn in is a real thing?
but anyways my question is 
i have never bought a DAC and Amp before ever so i have no clue what sounds better
i was wondering on the Vali or the Magni sense the Vali is only 20 dollars more is it a lot better then the Magni ?
or which one sounds better with these headphones
because i have been playing guitar sense 9 years old and i know Tube amps for playing guitar is 1000% better then a amp with out tubes. sounds more Full and Deep does the same thing go for a Headphone Amplifier ?
I'm also using a Sound blaster ZX sound card right now so i plan to get the Schiit stuff for fathers day i hope it kicks my sound cards ass
so Which one would you guys get the Magni or Vali? paired with the Modi for the Sennhesier HD8 Dj's? 

Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS, when you installed the SB-Zx
The SB-Zx comes with a CS4398 DAC chip :) and a somewhat decent headphone amplifier, I would think the 95-Ohm HD DJ headphones would sound fairly good plugged directly in the SB-Zx
Audio quality should be a little better if you do not use the ACM module and plug the headphones directly in the SB-Zx card.

I would guess the Vali would be a little better choice over the Magni.
So get the (optical input) Modi and the Vali amp

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 6
  lol and actually i never disabled it?
does it make a difference ?
if so ill do it right now lol
something i never knew about

It may or may not make a difference, but it just safer to disable the on-board audio.
Might even try doing a fresh/clean install of the Creative drivers after disabling on-board audio.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Wow! 
for some reason every time i turned the ACM module to make the volume lower or louder it would make a static noise until i stopped turning it every time.
sense i disabled the on board audio in the UEFI the static is gone?

Thanks bro!.. probably going to re install the drivers later once my video game downloads on steam lol

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 6
  Wow! 
for some reason every time i turned the ACM module to make the volume lower or louder it would make a static noise until i stopped turning it every time.
sense i disabled the on board audio in the UEFI the static is gone?

Thanks bro!.. probably going to re install the drivers later once my video game downloads on steam lol

Did you try plugging the headphones directly into the SB-Z, without using the ACM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back