Sennheiser HD 250: Which amp should i buy?
Feb 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

samizzle

New Head-Fier
Let me begin at the start: I used to own an iRiver HD300: it had fantastic sound with good equalizer settings and heavy bass. I had the rockbox.org firmware installed on it so I could tweak the EQ myself. Then i decided to join the iPod craze and got an 80GB iPod classic. But the sound was absolutely shocking; mp3's are distorted and the bass is weak. The upper mids are pretty good but nothing fantastic. I bought myself some Sennheiser HD 250 headphones. They help slightly but overall I am unable to enjoy my music at it's true potential.

The advice I am after is: What is the best value (cheapest/best sounding) portable amp I can get to match up with my Sennheiser's? Ideally I don't want to spend more than AU$200

I listen to RnB and soft rock. So an amp to suit solid but clean bass would be great. I think the headphones I have are 30ohm, but i don't know what amp specifications will work well with that. I just want that punchy bass back without having to turn the volume up through the roof!

I've heard of the Total Airhead/Bithead. But, I don't know how this compares to other amps in this price range, nor if it will work well with my headphones.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back