Sennheiser Blue Dragon V3 headphone cable now available.
Jun 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6
The new version of the Blue Dragon Sennheiser headphone cable is now available for purchase. The Version 2 is sold out except for 2-10' cables with 1/4" Furutech plugs.

For Pricing go Here
For Hardwire Pricing contact us EMAIL

Here are the details:

This is the new Blue Dragon Headphone Version 3 headphone replacement cable for Sennheiser HD-650, HD-600 and HD-580 headphones and any other Sennheiser headphones that have the 2 pin connection system. We also use it for the Ultrasone, Sony Qualia, AKG Pro Series and any other headphone that uses a connector attachment System. This cable can also be hard wired to Grado's, AKG, Audio Technica etc etc...

This cable been designed to match the Silver Dragon Headphone cable but with a copper conductor. It has the same geometry structure as the Silver Dragon Version 2 only it uses UP-OCC pure copper.

The cable uses a 4 99.999% pure copper 24AWG Teflon insulated stranded conductors.

Each conductor is made up of a special varying size stranding geometry. The copper stranding is mixed with Kevlar stranding to reinforce the conductor. Making it stronger overall and less prone to failure due to the harsh constant flexing a headphone cable receives.

The conductors are then surrounded by cotton and then a layer of Teflon tape.

The new version is now also shielded and placed in a polyethylene jacket for further protection.

The Version 3 is quieter than the Version 2 with no micro phonics.

The pin connectors are soldered to the conductors and then molded to the cable. The splicing method used by other cable companies using a stock Sennheiser cable's connectors is a poor method. And defeats the purpose of replacing the cable. That method requires you to once more send the signal through the poor quality conductors in the stock Sennheiser cable as well as through one more solder joint. Moon Audio, Cardas and Zu are the only three cable companies I am aware of that use a preferred method of headphone connection method

The wire is soldered to a Furutech FP-704 Gold plated stereo 1/4" connector with Cardas silver solder. The wire is then covered in 1 layer of black Techflex braid. The black over blue jacket give it a dark blue color.

The cable is extremely smooth sounding with great low end and wonderful voicing. And will remove the veil all Sennheiser headphones just like the Silver Dragon. Most stock headphone cables are made of poor ultra thin conductors that work as a bottle neck for the sound.

If you listen to Rock, Alternative, Rap or Techno etc, then this is the cable for you.

As with all my stuff I offer a 30day money back guarantee.

Blue%20D%20Head2.jpg

ModDT880-1.jpg

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Dec 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 6
I just got mine.

Thanks for the awesome cable, Drew...it completely changed the way my HD650s sound. The HD650s should ship with these, but then you'd be out of a job. The stock ones are garbage and are probably eating away 20% of the sound's detail, which your cable restored.

Pay up people! Blue Dragon rocks!

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...it completely changed the way my HD650s sound. The HD650s should ship with these, but then you'd be out of a job. The stock ones are garbage and are probably eating away 20% of the sound's detail, which your cable restored.

I've always been kind of a cable skeptic, though I do buy affordable custom cables using US-made cabling from Blue Jeans Cables here in Seattle.
Do these new custom HD650 cables really make a significant noticeable difference?
I have a brand-new HD650, didn't Sennheiser improve the cables they provide with the stock HD650s? If so, is this new custom cabling needed with newer HD650s?
They certainly look great and appear to be very high-quality cables, but I'm having a hard time justifying spending $200-$300 on a new cable when I only paid around $300 on the HD650s themselves!

Anyone else have any real-world experiences with newer HD650s and custom headphone cables to share?

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 6
USAudio,

I recently bought a Blue Dragon v3 for my Senn HD600's. I don't have the HD650's so this doesn't directly answer your question, but maybe it does address the general type of improvements that you might expect.

I had spent a few straight nights listening to my rig right before the cable arrived, so I was very familiar with the sound of the discs in my changer at that moment. I put the new cable on, and immediately noticed a more open sound with a wider soundstage. It was like a bottleneck had been removed from my system allowing a greater "flow" of musical "data". I felt that every element of the presentation was improved, and I felt completely justified in the amount of money that I spent to get there. It was not a 2X improvement, but I am often willing to spend 50-75% more to get a 25% improvement. I think this expenditure beat that hurdle rate, at least for me. Your mileage may vary.

I wanted a second set of phones, and I had decided on the Denon D2000's. I was so impressed with the Blue Dragon v3 that I ordered the Denons from Moon Audio with the Blue Dragon v3 installed on them also. I am equally happy with them, although I didn't really a/b them "before and after" in my rig like I did with the Senns. However, I had heard stock D2000's on my rig at a different time before making my decision, and these definitely have the same improvement in clarity, depth, and width of soundstage.

I can also tell you that my experience with Drew's customer service was very favorable. He promptly answered all of my questions, and the product, shipping, and service on both orders was superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back