Senn IE8 Owners or anyone
Dec 18, 2008 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fruits

New Head-Fier
Just had a part of my left earphone come out on my ear
frown.gif
and im not too happy about it, luckily i spotted it stuck to my ear when looking in the mirror. Its the little u shaped piece of plastic next to the L sign, theres one on each side L and R. It looks like its only a cover for a screw which is connecting the main housing to the flat panel with the frequency adjuster bit, im sure youl know what i mean. It doesnt seem to be important (or is it?) I dont think its affected the sound at all. I have only had them for about a week and only used a few times indoors, not been outside with them, im still burning them in, definately not mistreated them, far from it! and ive been storing them in the provided case.
Ive tried to fit the little piece back but it just falls off again, theres nothing to attach, click it into and as soon as you turn it over it falls straight off. These are by far the most expensive iems ive had and am very concerned as nothing like this has happened to any cheap earphones ive had.
Its only a very small peice of plastic and probably wont make much difference if its there or not but i am concerned as to what to do. I bought these online from a shop in London. Please if anyone has any thoughts about this let me know as im really unsure what i should do.
Thanks for reading.

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a part of my left earphone come out on my ear
frown.gif
and im not too happy about it, luckily i spotted it stuck to my ear when looking in the mirror. Its the little u shaped piece of plastic next to the L sign, theres one on each side L and R. It looks like its only a cover for a screw which is connecting the main housing to the flat panel with the frequency adjuster bit, im sure youl know what i mean. It doesnt seem to be important (or is it?) I dont think its affected the sound at all. I have only had them for about a week and only used a few times indoors, not been outside with them, im still burning them in, definately not mistreated them, far from it! and ive been storing them in the provided case.
Ive tried to fit the little piece back but it just falls off again, theres nothing to attach, click it into and as soon as you turn it over it falls straight off. These are by far the most expensive iems ive had and am very concerned as nothing like this has happened to any cheap earphones ive had.
Its only a very small peice of plastic and probably wont make much difference if its there or not but i am concerned as to what to do. I bought these online from a shop in London. Please if anyone has any thoughts about this let me know as im really unsure what i should do.
Thanks for reading.

It's not supposed to happen. 100%. One word - warranty. And as you have had them for such a short time, the store should exchange it for you.

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Send them back asap, and don't let them fob you off with any excuses. Ask for a replacement. Expensive IEM's like this shouldn't have bits falling off in a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back