Second Dallas Headphone Meeting - Feb. 17!
Jan 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Steven
Kelly, what do you think of the MG Head OTL?

Have you heard the earmax?

I am trying to make up my mind wich one I should save up for.
smily_headphones1.gif

The MG Head OTL actually just arrived today and I don't know enough about tube amps to know how to compare it yet--and I've not heard the Earmax. Sorry.
frown.gif

It is really cool lookin', though--if that helps any.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kelly

Jan 31, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #19 of 30
I was just visiting Nick's home page and checking out his project. I'm not sure what kind of living arrangement he has, but somehow I think we're going to have to convince him to host the next meeting after this one. I've just got to hear that rig of his.

Some day I will build a DIY version of the Martin Logan Statement towers and then I shall host.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kelly

Feb 2, 2002 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 30
I will not be bringing an MG Head OTL or the Sony D-25S. Actually, I may be bringing the Sony but only to place it in the hands of a fellow head-fier. Both have been sold.

I believe there will be at least Nick's OTL and flumpus' roomate's DT in any case.

Kelly

Feb 14, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 30
I am new to all of this, but heard about you folks through my good friend Nick. I enjoy music very much, have some nice headphones, but I have not been doing them justice on the other side of that wire.

Nick recommended me to attend your meeting, which I am taking him up on. I look forward to meeting you all and streching my horizons a bit.

Parusing this site has yielded many an interesting topic that I haven't really gotten my toes wet with - So I have some homework to do. I will ask some questions and otherwsie try to keep up.

Thanks for the site and community folks. Looking forward to it.

And, onwards...

-ben

Feb 15, 2002 at 1:29 PM Post #24 of 30
I sent out e-mails and PMs, and here's what they say!

Hey, just wanted to give you directions to my apartment. I live at 933 Frankford Rd in the Gates de Provence Apartments. (In dallas 75287 if you wanna use yahoo maps or somethin'). To get here, take 635 to the Marsh exit, head North on Marsh. When you get to Frankford turn right, and then take your first left. It's a yellow apartment complex. Once inside, head to the left, and then all the way back. That's building #9. I'm on the third floor in 933. Hope to see you around 3:00!

Chris

PS: Headroom's package arrived yesterday, but haven't picked it up yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus
PS: Headroom's package arrived yesterday, but haven't picked it up yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, that was very nice of them, man. By the way, what's in the package?

I'll take this moment to say that our sponsors (Meier Audio, HeadRoom, FreeSystems, and likely more soon) support us like this, and cover most of the costs of running Head-Fi. So if they have what you're looking for, please consider supporting them back.

Feb 15, 2002 at 7:57 PM Post #26 of 30
Not sure yet... I gave Todd a list and he said he'd try to get all he could. He's awesome, Headroom is awesome, they do take care of us
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll pick it up this afternoon and let everyone know, then start a long weekend of listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 30
Wow! Got the package from headroom, and here's what we got...

Max
Cosmic
Beyer 931
AKG K501
AKG K1000
Grado SR325

w00t! Thanks Headroom!

EDIT: And a bunch of interconnects...!

Feb 16, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus
Wow! Got the package from headroom, and here's what we got...

Max
Cosmic
Beyer 931
AKG K501
AKG K1000
Grado SR325

w00t! Thanks Headroom!

EDIT: And a bunch of interconnects...!

Oh my! Now that sounds like just what the party needed! I hope you have enough outlets for all the amps/sources? Or a nice multi-outlet surge supressor?

PS, don't lie now...I bet you got two Maxes. You're just pretending like one was "lost in shipment," aren't you? Admit it. You can't hide it for long....we all have Max radar.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

And finally, I hope you all have a GREAT time at the meet. Take lots of pics, don't be afraid to converse (we're family here), and enjoy the tunes!

Feb 16, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 30
Hehe... I actually haven't even unpacked the Max yet, I'm havin' too much fun with the headphones... Listening to the 931s right now. Listened to all of the others briefly. I gotta say, I must have lost my "Grado Ears". I didn't like the 325s at all at first, but I'll give it more time for sure.

501s sounded good out of the Melos at first listen, as do the 931s. K1000s are running out of this setup: 555ES -> Melos -> Rotel RA972. It seems great, the 972 is driving them pretty good. Certainly has enough power, and my roommate absolutely loves them...other than the looks
smily_headphones1.gif

Cosmic is setup in the living room with a portable at the moment...nothin' like some tunes while I'm playin' Super Monkey Ball. Sources are limited here, so I may do the Max with either my DVD player or my roommate's Marantz 4000OSE. It will be with the 555 on Sunday though... Well, off to listen, the pre-meeting excitement has started!

Feb 16, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #30 of 30
Sweet, so with everyone that has spoke up in here, it looks like the headphone inventory is going to be:

AKG K340
AKG K501
AKG K1000
Beyer DT831
Beyer DT931
Bose QC?
smily_headphones1.gif

Ety ER4s
Grado SR125
Grado SR325
Sennheiser HD570?
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD600
Sony E888
Sony MDR-V6
Sony MDR-7506

Ahhh... the only thing that I really have been wanting to listen to that we're not going to have is the Sony CD3000 and maybe a pair of Grado RS1's.

That's an impressive list of headphones though. I remember last time all we had was a bunch of Senn 580's, a couple Senn 600's, my pair of Grado 125's, and I think a pair of Senn 565's that I never got a chance to listen to. And, I think we're going to have even more equipment than we did last time to listen to all of these on. Awesome. I'll be there at 3:00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back