Searching portable music player/buds for swimming. Got questions for users (if any)
May 8, 2024 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vincent Thys

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a decent set for on the dryland. But as I swim 3 times a week I'd really like to have a player and buds to enjoy it more and also break the boredown.

- Reddit users (the swimmers, not audiophiles) adore the SHokz Openswim bone conduction player. I'm not gonna give 160 USD for a brand I don't even know.
- On the other hand there is this waterproof Sony Walkman NW-WS623 New150 USD but I can buy it second hand for 50 USD. Waterproof eartips included. There's no Tidal Integration, bluetooth doesn't work under the water and it is back to the 90's transforming music to MP3. Although I read that there are programs converting your Spotify/Tidal playlist to mp3. Anyways I don't mind, it's for the pool.

- I'm not looking for super audio quality either (doesn't exist yet), but still the best possible. Don't think I'll ever use the buttons either.

So: anyone experienced these while swimming. Do the buds stay in place (I'll just put the biggest one deep into the ear canal.

Tnx guys!

May 11, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 6
I am using the H2audio custom buds, the fit is excellent and when I accidentally pinched a wire in my case I was able to just replace the earbuds and reuse the custom molded end. Sound is ok for swimming and not sure where I got my current player but it is a dedicated water player and it works great.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 6
That’s the ones, and It is their stream 3 player I am using. They are a nice company as well have used them at last 10 years and never let me down.
Bill
They look great but a bit too expensive for my first swimming setup. Did you try a bone conduction device? I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Ideally I want a normal waterproof player but with ability to use Tidal in offline mode. I only find the Delphin 2.0 but they're 260. But now I found software which can transform your Tidal songs to MP3 and other formats --> https://www.noteburner.com/tidal-music-converter-windows.html Just gotta find out if it's compatible with a cheap waterproof player like https://tinyurl.com/yc7ptc3s I could add H2O Audio Surges+ earbuds and go from there.

May 14, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 6
I have not tried Bluetooth while swimming, I-tried bone conduction headphones under water and they sounded awful , but I love them for bicycle riding. The little player h2O audio sells is not expensive and it has outlasted 2 Apple shuffles that were waterproofed that cost more and did not sound that much better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back