SEAL
Jun 27, 2001 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

coolvij

Board geriatric
I got Seal's second album, (Seal, 1994). The one with Kiss From A Rose, etc.

I like it a lot. I think THIS is what pop should be. Fairly well-recorded, a great voice to back up everything - MAN! Seal can sing - and nice instrumentation.

I would say this album is very much the quintessential chill-out album. Especially through my "setup" (portable Cd-888s), everything is chillin'....

I would appreciate ANY thoughts on this album, and on other stuff by Seal....for instance - is Human Being as good?

Jun 27, 2001 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 11
Yes Human Being is good, though a bit different to the other Seal album. If you like Seal you will like it. Trevor Horn is a great producer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2001 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 11
zapel - trevor horn sure is great. However, i heard that Human Being is harder to catergorize compared to his first two albums (Seal #1=dance album, Seal #2=power ballads)....Could u or anyone else, for that matter, explain how it sounds?

Jun 28, 2001 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 11
Coolvij
To be honest the only reason i bought it was because it was in the cheap CD box but I am glad i did.
Go have a listen and make up your own mind about it. Again, anything Trev Horn produces has to be woth a listen.
Regards.

Jun 28, 2001 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 11
Coolvij
To be honest the only reason I bought it was because it was in the cheap cd bin but i'm glad i did.
Go and have a listen and make up your own mind about it.
Regards

Jun 28, 2001 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 11
lol, zapel. Actually, i paid $4.50 to get my mint condition Seal #2 cd (including shipping).....i love half.com.....

Jun 30, 2001 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 11
It's funny, I saw your post and am listening to Seal (2nd album) right now and thinking how much better his first album is. . .but I do like the second. I first heard songs from Seal's first album during a screening of a Greg Stump extreme skiing documentary--which was so powerful that i had ski-withdrawl symptoms for weeks thereafter (no skiing in Hawaii) and subsequently bought the album-- i listen to it before i go surfing--
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back