Schiit Asgard 3 repair
May 18, 2023 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ProtegeManiac

Headphoneus Supremus
I accidentally plugged my 120v Asgard3 into a 240v outlet without the transformer. I had a tech look at it but he says he can't identify all the ICs that were damaged.
Anyone have any idea which ones these are, if not have a copy of the schematic diagram?
1684460853339.png

(And yes I will also email Schiit and contact them here; I'm just posting this here first in case anyone knows and can respond sooner)

May 19, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Update: just heard back from Schiit support email, and they want me to ship the amp.

Problem is I have serious Big Government issues to deal with. Philippines just banned consumer-level purchases of electronics over $170. "So waht's the problem? You're sending it for repair, not buying it." Except we've had cases of Customs officials claiming "used - repair" notes "B.S." along with going "this is new item...what you mean, repracement?! this not item you ship out!" We also had cases of "X capacitors and Y resistors...definitery commerciar quantity import! PAY TAXES! no I don't care if the taxes are higher than your receipt, I carr B.S.!"

So in case anyone's got an Asgard3 and knows what the parts in and around that circle are, please list them here and I'll let the repair guy figure out how they go on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back