Sacramento CA Interest Check and a new idea
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2019 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

srserl

100+ Head-Fier
The new idea:
2600 magazine (a hacker magazine) has meets all over the world. They set a day of the month (the first Friday of the month) and all meets around the world meet on that day at 7PM.
I am proposing to do that with a Head-Fi meet in Sacramento, to occur each month on a particular day of the month at a prescribed place and time. Anyone interested just shows up to share ideas and gear. If no one shows up, that's ok. At first I would expect only a few people and with a focus on portable gear as we will not have a real place to set up until the meets grow. People can get in touch with others and hook up privately to share non-portable gear. If the meets become popular enough, we will find a room somewhere and be able to start sharing non-portable gear.

I propose the first Wednesday of the month at 6 or 7PM...any other suggestions?
Have a good place in mind? Remember, at first it doesn't need to be a room (portable gear only. I am thinking someplace like a Parks and Rec, Community Services District, or even a pizza restaurant. If it catches on, we can book a library room or perhaps find an audio or music store that can host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back