SACDmods.com
Apr 25, 2002 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Anyone ever heard of SACDmods.com? I got an email from them, based upon me listing my 775 as a source (on another site), offering to upgrade it for me. What do you think? How would this compare to the Wright mods? If you want, I can post the whole email (I don't think they'll mind the exposure). In fact, here goes: Quote:

Hello,

Since you are a member of Audio Asylum, you must care deeply about the quality of your sound. You already
have one of the best sounding SACD players available, the SCD-CE775, but did you know it can sound even
better?

SACDmods.com is proud to offer upgrades for the CE775. As of right now, we are the only company offering modifications for the CE775 changer. I have been working on improving this player alone for 4 months now, and offer what I consider to be the definitive mods mods for this player. While some modification companies offer capacitor bypasses and high price “audiophile grade” resistors, I concentrate on these key areas:

1. Harris high speed, soft recovery diodes (FREDs) installed on the power supply board to power the audio
board and clock circuits. This is a tricky installation because it requires mounting large components on to a board designed for surface mount devices. Smooths out the sound tremendously, lowers noise-floor, and widens soundstage.

2. Black Gate Capacitors installed on the output stages (47uF Non-Polarized NX HiQ series). Yields improved bass response and much more detail. Lower noise. Typically, a single high-quality capacitor will sound much smoother than a film cap bypass that only makes the system sound hotter.

3. LC Audio LClock XO2: The definitive upgrade for the player improves midrange and high frequency especially. Smooths out the sound tremendously and eliminates all traces of the classic, harsh "digital" sound. Upgrade involves adding a metal plate to the player for mounting.

4. Cardas GRFA RCA plugs installed to replace flimsy Sony stock types. Too large to install on all channels. *optional

While my philosophies differ from other mod companies you may have seen, I offer an affordable mod that makes this player able to rival $1,500+ units that don’t even take clock jitter seriously.

Please see my website for pictures and pricing information: www.SACDmods.com

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Matthew Anker
ca_144@omalp1.omeresa.net
www.SACDmods.com

Manufacturer
SACDmods.com

Apr 25, 2002 at 3:50 AM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like targeted advertising if you ask me from a guy who's looking to turn his hobby into a part-time income........

I'm not really a DIYist so I can't comment on the mod upgrades - might want to post in there and ask, but if I were you I'd hold off on the upgrades until I could find out more info.

Too often it seems people want to just spend spend spend and drop their $$$ without doing further research/investigation. Hehe. Believe me. I know first hand.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 25, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by jodokast
Sounds like targeted advertising if you ask me from a guy who's looking to turn his hobby into a part-time income........

Nothing wrong with that (cf. JMT, Tyll, et al). Quote:

I'm not really a DIYist so I can't comment on the mod upgrades - might want to post in there and ask...

Good idea Quote:

...but if I were you I'd hold off on the upgrades until I could find out more info.

Good advice, and that's exactly what I'm doing. No intention of shipping it off any time soon, but may look into it in the future. Quote:

Too often it seems people want to just spend spend spend and drop their $$$ without doing further research/investigation. Hehe. Believe me. I know first hand.
rolleyes.gif

I really don't understand where this comes from :?

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I really don't understand where this comes from :? [/B]

I guess it's me not saying it right. Basically I"m saying take your time slow. Too often some new product will come out like a new fat-ass power cord or some new tube extremely good looking amp and these may help your sound and system - and rightly so.

I"m just saying I think we should take our time slower......hm....maybe it's just me. Damn I think think like an old man for a 17-year old.

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 5
:? == tongue-in-cheek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back