SA6 - compatible tips
Jan 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
I am trying to put up a list of the tips compatible with the SA6. I have tried the following so far:

- standard Sleek double flange
- shure black foams
- comply T-100

What were your impressions from a SQ standpoint while using the above?

Have you tried any other? I seem to remember that some tried the Klipsch single flange or was I dreaming? If so, where can I buy those?

Thanks!

S.

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 15
i used the klipsch single flange. they work. the klipsch double flanges hsould work as well. I think my ears just seem to like single flanges more. Using the large klipsch single flange, i feel i get better isolation, comfort, and due to better isolation, bass is improved. however i find that the klipsch tips give more of a in-your-head sound as compared to the stock double-flanges

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used the klipsch single flange. they work. the klipsch double flanges hsould work as well. I think my ears just seem to like single flanges more. Using the large klipsch single flange, i feel i get better isolation, comfort, and due to better isolation, bass is improved. however i find that the klipsch tips give more of a in-your-head sound as compared to the stock double-flanges

Nice, I'd like to try that. Any idea where I could find them.

I played a bit with my small tips collection last night and came to the conclusion that I will discard the (medium) double flange provided with the SA6. While they are quite bassy, they clearly muffled the sound and were detrimental to clarity and detail. Much the contrary for the Shure black olives, which I will now use everyday. They just take a longer time to insert of course...

I also have that pair of Comply tips, but they are in slim size and achieving a good seal was not that easy with these. When done however, the sound was even cleaner than with the Shure (less bass also).

Anyone has a similar experience?

Jan 7, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 15
I was using the q-jay silicone and foamies. They dont fit as perfectly as I like but I like the way they sounded. Im now using the T-100's due to comfort and good sound. I just wish they didnt get so nastly looking so quickly.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 15
could someone elaborate on how the shure olive fit on the treble tube? "Feedmentrance" had an issue that he figured out concerning not fitting properly. If I buy olives will they fit properly/not kill my treble tubes?

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 15
Well they fit exactly the same as they do on my SE530's, so yes Id say they fit perfectly. Trick is the tips remove so yes as you could imagine they are harder to get off. I just make sure my fingers are dry, squeeze the olive hard and twist and pull. Ive had no problems. No matter how hard you squish the olive it will always go back to original form.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 15
Well you know, if you purchase the Sleek Customs you wont have to worry about compatible tips
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you know, if you purchase the Sleek Customs you wont have to worry about compatible tips
tongue_smile.gif

Great, sounds good, would you like to chip in a little hard earned cash to help me buy them
confused_face(1).gif
. Im afraid they werent available when i got my SA6 and since buying the wireless Im all out of funds
frown.gif
. So I think Ill just stick to the much more inexpensive tips thankx.
atsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well they fit exactly the same as they do on my SE530's, so yes Id say they fit perfectly. Trick is the tips remove so yes as you could imagine they are harder to get off. I just make sure my fingers are dry, squeeze the olive hard and twist and pull. Ive had no problems. No matter how hard you squish the olive it will always go back to original form.

I forget where I read it, but someone else suggested using a ball point pen to gently push the tip out of the olive.

Diginick, on the size question, I use the medium Sleek flanges, but I find the medium olives to be a little big. Eventually I'm going to see if the small olives are more comfortable.

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forget where I read it, but someone else suggested using a ball point pen to gently push the tip out of the olive.

Diginick, on the size question, I use the medium Sleek flanges, but I find the medium olives to be a little big. Eventually I'm going to see if the small olives are more comfortable.

Yes, the Small olives will be more your taste I think. Also, if you or anyone tries the complys in the t-100 you will not want the small/slim size of those. I got them the first time and they are way way smaller then the small olives. I think the small olives are a tiny bit big for me and the comply standard are a perfect fit. I would have used the small size sleek tips for referance.

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 15
I got 5 pairs of olives ion my package, so when I chanced the treble ports I simply left them on and attached a new pair to the next trebleports; problem solved.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Small olives will be more your taste I think. Also, if you or anyone tries the complys in the t-100 you will not want the small/slim size of those. I got them the first time and they are way way smaller then the small olives. I think the small olives are a tiny bit big for me and the comply standard are a perfect fit. I would have used the small size sleek tips for referance.

Good info - thanks, pseudohippy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back