SA6 and SE530
Dec 29, 2008 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

andychen

500+ Head-Fier
I have triple fi 10 and SA6 as my IEM set for a while now. I have posted my impressions in another thread. Simply put, triple fi 10 is my favorite for all types of music, but SA6 complement them for the prominent mids.

My friend may let me have his SE530 for a good price, unfortunately he is currently on vacation and I cannot audit his SE530. I am very tempted to sell my SA6 for the SE530. but I have some concerns so I hope to get some help here.

My main complaint for triple fi 10 is that they have slightly recessed mids due to strong high and bass. that's why I like to use SA6 sometimes. So do SE530 have similar problems? I understand SE530 are warmer, and many say they have sweet mids, but I swear I read somewhere in the forum that the bass of SE530 overwhelm the mids.

Also, I still need to pay extra bucks on top of the funds I can collect from SA6, so what is the main difference between the two and is it worth the hassle and extra money to upgrade to SE530?

I listen to almost all types of music except hard rock, heavy metal. I have IMOD 5.5G, sony walkman and I would prefer not to use amps for these IEMs.

Thank you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back