Roon questions
Sep 20, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 21
I am correct that a higher processing speed is ideal?
20230920_183619.jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 21
I am correct that a higher processing speed is ideal?
Lots of ‘touching’ of the data going on there. I prefer mine as clean as possible between the file and the DAC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #19 of 21
I still don’t totally understand what Roon is or does. I tried to watch a few videos on YouTube to understand it better but I feel like without actually using it hands on I’m not totally understanding the benefits it offers. If If If I’m primarily using an iPhone as a source what would be the advantages of using Roon over just using Apple Music on the highest lossless quality settings? Can Roon even access my Apple Music account because all of my music is on there?

For reference or context if it helps I am mostly using an iPhone into a mojo 2 into a HE1000SE. Sometimes I will use a wa7 tube amp instead of the mojo.

I am considering adding a poly to the mojo which supports Roon I read which is kinda what prompted this question. If I had a poly is there much of an advantage to using roon over just using Apple Music with airplay?

Also I’ve read that roon has preset EQs for different headphones. Is that super good? Like worth the price of Roon alone good? The mojo 2 has a modest 4 band EQ to bump up the bass and pull back the treble a hair built in but I’m sure it’s no where near as good as the Roon EQ.
I'm still not sure..
If I have no CD collection, no Vinyl, no tapes, no hard drive w stored/downloaded music, Is it wise to have Roon at all?
If I only stream, am I wasting the Roon benefits available?
I think I should get a high end streamer instead but I, not sure

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #20 of 21
If you use Qobuz or Tidal or other streaming apps, Roon can be an upgrade for it, because of its features, that has been explained in this thread.

I you dont use streaming services and you dont have oen music, i dont see Roon is useful.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #21 of 21
There are some nice features, but only for people who need them, like me, for example. I’m using multiroom playback, EQ + DSP and it’s also useful when I want to test differences between sources, cables etc.

In my main listening room, I have to sit slightly closer to one speaker. You may not believe how crucial is to set some milliseconds delay on closer channel to get soundstage right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back