Ripping music
May 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

brotherlen

100+ Head-Fier
So, I recently purchaseds a Lenovo T400, almost fully maxxed out. 2.8 dual core, 2gb (soon to be 4) RAM, 500GB HDD, "high nit" screen (you can use it outdoors) way durable. An understated black exterior, drain holes in the keyboard, WiMax, cell phone card doodad, UWB if I want or Turbo Memory, fingerprint reader, etc..
Point being that it took me a week to set up Vista properly, along with Linux and having everything updated and installed. Now the ripping of CD's is a timely ordeal. I only do a few a day, as it takes hours for them to rip. But I feel good knowing that they are getting done correctly. (some without scratches are coming up with errors) and I get them compressed into FLAC for saving space and converting to other formats. iTunes though I like it, will pretty much rip whatever. Meaning, if there are errors, you won't find out until the track is missing or you hear it while listening. Unacceptable. So no more new audio projects or gear until I move in a couple of months. I currently live by Temple University where I will be attending school shortly (don't know when, either this fall semester or next winter semester). If your unfamiliar with Philadelphia, don't stray around the North area by Temple U. This area is a bit rough. That is a bit of an understatement. I honestly felt safer in Iraq/Afghanistan when I was actively hunting down and looking for bad people. Well enough of non audio/head-fi related items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back