Review: Westone UM Pro30 (refreshed UM3X)
Jan 29, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 22
I have not had the UM Pro30 for long, and also don't use it a lot as I always have other pairs to review that I use more, so I cannot comment in the long run how the connectors will hold up. I would advise you to clean them regularly and if you've been out for a run or had them in for a long time give them a wipe to remove any sweat.

Other than that, you just have warranty. There are many people that have owned Shure IEM's for a long time with no problems, it seems to only affect some. Maybe because of the way they use and maintain them. I just suggest keeping them clean, also keeping them in their box and maybe purchasing the Silica gel to absorb any humidity when they are in their case.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #17 of 22
Just got some Comply Ts 200 and tried them on these, definitely an improvement, more sparkle in the highs and space overall, the lows are a little tighter too. I think it is to do with the wider tip opening. Comfort is great also, as Comply tips are well known for that.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/ts-100/

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #18 of 22
Hi from Spain. Excellent review. Thanks.

I own a pair of this Westone UM Pro30. I´m a musician and i use them as part of my singer-guitarist wireless setup. Yes, They sound nice, balanced, clear and give me a great sound isolation. Sadly, after 6 months (using them only in rehearsals) right channel is off. I can´t imagine if it happens during a gig. I don´t know if it´s the same case for USA customers... Europe customers need to send the headphones to the distributor ( variphone ) and pay shipping cost in both directions ( 110$, more or less, if you want a trackeable shipping).

Very nice sound, very nice product with a terrible warranty service in Europe : (

Best

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #19 of 22
You should be able to send them back to where you purchased them. If not get in touch with Westone Europe they are very helpful and would be able to help you I'm sure.

And it is definitely the ear piece and not the cable?

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 22
You need to send them to Variphone (european service), not to the shop. And, yes, i tested them with my backup cable :frowning2:

After a few mails, finally the in ears are coming back. Don´t know if the repaired one or it´s a new unit. I´ll post it. The final cost (using the cheapest shipping method - some risk) 27€ (38$) Time: 20 days, I have used a cheap backup for two gigs. The Variphone service is correct but slower than espected. This is the info. Draw your own conclusions :D

Best regards.

Pablo

You should be able to send them back to where you purchased them. If not get in touch with Westone Europe they are very helpful and would be able to help you I'm sure.

And it is definitely the ear piece and not the cable?

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #21 of 22
At least it's still less than sending to the USA.

It is normal to have to pay shipping return to manufacturer, but at least they will fix it at no cost.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #22 of 22
Loving this IEM so far a Great upgrade from Philips SHE9850. Bought it last March & currently works well. Only in Month of April Suspected some connector issue on Right Ear Piece (Not Cable) of where it became interrupted as I move my head in certain position but luckily survived after Two Weeks encountering this problem. Ever Since the Problem occurred I never pull the cable off but still works well until now as in Month of August still fine just like out from the box. Bought it from Accessoryjack :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back