Review: SGP Steinheil Series SQ for Macbook Pro 13 2011 with HD photo comparison
Jul 21, 2011 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
Why I got these:

SGP is well known company for making super high quality screen protector and cases. 

I couldn't find any reviews for these for the MBP but i did read a lot of reviews for the iPhone 4 and decided to go with these because all the other screen protectors for the MBP was known for screwing up the screen colour and clarity

Review:

I bought these screen protector while i was in Korea to see my family, my cousin told me to get a screen protector for my MBP, i said no because i thought screen protectors would mess up the colours and there would be dust under the screen, cause applying a screen protector on a 13 inch a screen isn't easy. 

He told me that there are authorised places that put on screen protectors for you from SGP. So I thought, why not?? It will only cost me only 35400 won anyway (only about 31 bucks AUD, cheaper than buying it myself in Australia and applying it myself in Australia)

AFTER APPLYING IT

"WOW, ARE THEY EVEN ON??" I had to ask the lady, it's so clear, i can't notice that its on, the screen is unaffected.

And after using it for a few weeks, i noticed that i didn't have to clean the screen as often.

Photos

(ABOVE) with SGP, (BELOW) without SGP. WITH BRIGHTNESS 0%

(ABOVE) with SGP, (BELOW) without SGP. WITH BRIGHTNESS 50%

(ABOVE) with SGP, (BELOW) without SGP. WITH BRIGHTNESS 100%

(ABOVE) with SGP, (BELOW) without SGP. FROM AN ANGLE

THESE PHOTOS WHERE TAKEN WITH 99.9% SAME LIGHTING WITH CANON 550D.

Conclusion
I can't see ANY difference between the naked screen and the one with the SGP on it. I would recommend this to any one that has a MBP. it does't do anything to the screen. Now i don't have to put a microfibre between the screen and the keyboard to stop the keyboard from scratching the screen. 

btw, now, i have Stealth Guard that protects the MBP's body (full body), my mini review here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562811/wow-got-a-new-macbook-full-body-protector#post_7610110

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 3
Jeez, marketers aren't even trying to hide the fact they're spruiking and advertising products on this forum. Try to at least be subtle.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Jeez, marketers aren't even trying to hide the fact they're spruiking and advertising products on this forum. Try to at least be subtle.

well, I'm sorry putting up a review because there are literally NO other review for these (according to google) and i don't know where else to put it so people can find it when they were like me (hesitating to buy it or not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back