REVIEW: Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center DAC/CD Player
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #108 of 110
^ Hi just my opinion but I think you should get it restored to normal operation (under warranty). Even if you can live with it, you might want to sell it one day...

May 18, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #109 of 110
A lot of secondhand Cantatas for sale right now, which is a pity. It's still my favorite DAC. Not too long ago I added an Offramp 5 USB converter to bypass the Cantata's USB input, which I found average-sounding at best. The results were a revelation. I'm getting more presence in the mids, increased resolution (no pun) and a holographic soundstage that I never experienced through the USB input or CD player or any DAC period. I think this is the first DAC to give me the feeling of floating within the music. The Yggdrasil is the second. But Cantata gives me goosebumps almost every time; the Yggdrasil, not as much.

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #110 of 110
A lot of secondhand Cantatas for sale right now, which is a pity. It's still my favorite DAC. Not too long ago I added an Offramp 5 USB converter to bypass the Cantata's USB input, which I found average-sounding at best. The results were a revelation. I'm getting more presence in the mids, increased resolution (no pun) and a holographic soundstage that I never experienced through the USB input or CD player or any DAC period. I think this is the first DAC to give me the feeling of floating within the music. The Yggdrasil is the second. But Cantata gives me goosebumps almost every time; the Yggdrasil, not as much.
The new Cantata 3.0 uses the same dac chip as the Yggy, and sounds spectacular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back