Review - Pioneer SE-M290
Jun 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

djdeepblue

New Head-Fier
Hi!
biggrin.gif

This is a review on the Pioneer SE-M290 headphones.
I bought these for DJing purposes, but I can only use them at home.

Sound Quality:
When I plugged the headphones into my iPod Touch 1G, the sound was very quiet, even in the maximum volume. The iPod doesn't have enough power to drive these headphones. So I thought... what a ****ty pair of headphones. I was wrong
biggrin.gif

I plugged them into my external Soundcard, and tweaked the equalizer a bit, and they sound very good!
smily_headphones1.gif

Good bass, not too muddy. The mids are defined, but the highs are a little lower on volume, but still defined.
As my purpose was DJing with these headphones, i plugged them into my mixer. The sound was also very good, and the mixer has way too many power to drive them, the volume needs to be almost 1/4
biggrin.gif

They also have a little "Bass Duct".

la_open_detailpage.jpg

Isolation/Comfort:
The headphones are closed-ear type, and they have a pretty good isolation... I was live for like three hours in a gig, and my head didn't hurt, as they are confortable.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately, as I'm a Dj, I need more isolation than these headphones can offer... In a live gig, i have to turn the mixer headphone volume to almost max to hear a little bit...
confused_face.gif

Overall:
These headphones just cost me 30€, I think they are pretty good for the price, sound quality is very good, but it's better to use them at home only
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 3
omg, i found someone else. I thought I was the only one. My grandma bought me these phones as a Xmas present and I have not seen a post about these around here. It's my first phones too and mainly use it at home like you said. One complain is doesn't sit securely on me. Idk, if it's my head or what, it doesn't "grip" well on my head, it's a bit loose. I have to push sometimes to hear it's full potential since the bass is sometimes lost with it being loose.

y3110w-albums-stuff-picture2633-img-0156.jpg
sorry if it's too big. I don't know how to re size it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back