Returned many in-ear headphones - is there anything there for me?
Nov 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Moshe1010

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm reading here quite a while and decided eventually to join :)

I'm looking for good-in ear headphones with mic. The mic is the biggest issue since most good headphones sub $200 (my budget) don't really have a good mic.
I'm considering Apple's mic in their headphones as good - actually it's the best I've tried so far - even tried to recored and compare the voice quality to different headphones and anything I've tried so far wasn't quite good in canceling  noises like Apple's crappy headphones... which is quite surprising that headphones worth $20 can have a better mic quality than $200 headphones. 

This is basically what I'm looking:

- Noise isolation - the more the better. Noise canceling is not on the line since I don't like to charge my headphones/use batteries and I guess the budget is also not that great.
- No/very minimal sound bleed. I use headphones in libraries and it's quite annoying when I put a song on high volume the person next to me is hearing it as well
- Good bass. I'm not an audiophile, but a good bass is something that I always liked. I don't like the "flat" sound, even if it's really "rich" and "deep".
- Good fit. I have Monster iSport for my exercising routines, but I walk a lot in the street from a place to a place, so I want something that wouldn't fall off every 10 feet.
- Be able to hold them comfortably in the ears for hours straight 
- Most importantly - Good Mic

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 9
I'm not that well versed in being able to try out a huge amount of headphones to say what might fit your sound, but i can throw in a few pennies and hope that helps a bit.

If you're looking for something bassy, I know the bassiest In-Ears i've had were my older Sony ones. (before I had my old sony NC in ear headphones) They might be good for your sound if you're looking for something slightly more bass-centric. I have no idea on if they're more modern ones have microphones on them and, if they do, what they're like to use.

The only other suggestion I'd have would be to splice an old set of headphones you like the microphone on with a set of earbuds you like the sound of if you're confident in DIY stuff. The only down-side is that if you spend a lot on the in-ears and this doesn't work, you might end up with a very expensive (and light) paperweight.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Looks very good, but it doesn't seem to be in stock in the US - just the Android version. Reading over the forum here about the issue shows end of December for iOS release?
I'm the US if the matters.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 9
I think the iOS version hasn't releases yet. B&H say pre-order and get it by the end of November:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081029-REG/sennheiser_506231_momentum_in_ear_m2.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back