[RESOLVED] [Windows 10] [Fiio X3ii] Can't Install DAC Drivers for Fiio X3ii on Windows 10
Aug 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

opafix

New Head-Fier
I've had my X3ii for a few months now and I have not had any problems at all with it so far as a DAP.

Yesterday, I decided to try out the DAC functionality with my Windows 10 PC.

I followed the official instructions:
- Disabled driver signature verification through command prompt
- Rebooted windows
- Set my X3ii to DAC USB mode
- Plugged in my X3ii
- Ran setup.exe from the driver installation downloaded from Fiio

This is where I ran into problems. When I plugged in the X3ii, it entered DAC mode and then returned to the main menu very quickly. The installer complained that it couldn't find any devices and wouldn't continue.

In device manager, the X3ii shows up as "USB Composite Device" with a yellow exclamation mark. In devices amd printers, it shows up as "USB DAC class 2.0"

If I set the USB mode to Storage on the X3ii, then the driver installation runs all the way through. However, if I then change it back to DAC, the TUSB control panel says "no devices connected"

I know there isn't a problem with my X3ii because it runs as a DAC withour any setup on two different Linux distributions on different machines.

I have had the exact same problems when trying the same method on my laptop which also runs Windows 10. I have not tried any other versions of windows.

Any suggestions?

Aug 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 6
I've had my X3ii for a few months now and I have not had any problems at all with it so far as a DAP.

Yesterday, I decided to try out the DAC functionality with my Windows 10 PC.

I followed the official instructions:
- Disabled driver signature verification through command prompt
- Rebooted windows
- Set my X3ii to DAC USB mode
- Plugged in my X3ii
- Ran setup.exe from the driver installation downloaded from Fiio

This is where I ran into problems. When I plugged in the X3ii, it entered DAC mode and then returned to the main menu very quickly. The installer complained that it couldn't find any devices and wouldn't continue.

In device manager, the X3ii shows up as "USB Composite Device" with a yellow exclamation mark. In devices amd printers, it shows up as "USB DAC class 2.0"

If I set the USB mode to Storage on the X3ii, then the driver installation runs all the way through. However, if I then change it back to DAC, the TUSB control panel says "no devices connected"

I know there isn't a problem with my X3ii because it runs as a DAC withour any setup on two different Linux distributions on different machines.

I have had the exact same problems when trying the same method on my laptop which also runs Windows 10. I have not tried any other versions of windows.

Any suggestions?

What fw are you running on your X3II?  To my knowledge, if you are running fw 2.0, and you have the latest dac driver from FiiO, then it should be plug and play after installed on windows 10.  It was for me anyway on two devices.  Here's the link to fw 2.0, new dac driver, and the setup guide: http://fiio.net/en/story/455.  Hope this helps.  If not, reach out to FiiO, they have good customer support.

ETA: I didn't disable any driver signatures.  That was for previous dac drivers before fw 2.0 and I think FiiO needs to update their instructions for dac use.

Aug 21, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 6
What fw are you running on your X3II?  To my knowledge, if you are running fw 2.0, and you have the latest dac driver from FiiO, then it should be plug and play after installed on windows 10.  It was for me anyway on two devices.  Here's the link to fw 2.0, new dac driver, and the setup guide: http://fiio.net/en/story/455.  Hope this helps.  If not, reach out to FiiO, they have good customer support.

ETA: I didn't disable any driver signatures.  That was for previous dac drivers before fw 2.0 and I think FiiO needs to update their instructions for dac use.

I am using FW 2.0, and I think I'm using driver TUSB 1.61 (I can't remember the exact number because I'm away from home). I will try the driver from that link as soon as I'm home.

Thank you very much.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #4 of 6
I am using FW 2.0, and I think I'm using driver TUSB 1.61 (I can't remember the exact number because I'm away from home). I will try the driver from that link as soon as I'm home.

Thank you very much.

No problem.  I'm pretty sure your headache will go away with the latest driver. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back