Replacing the s203f SONY Walkman battery
Nov 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

arley86

New Head-Fier
Ok so I got this old walkman and I'm going to give it away to a cousin, long story short, its old, and the lithium battery doesn't last more than 20 mins, so I want to replace it

I have looked on Internet and I have read that the battery I can use to replace it could be something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-110mAh-Lithium-Polymer-Rechargeable-Battery-Li-Po-Mp3-GPS-PSP-041030-/180925649342?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item2a200251be

which is accurate enough in the one in the device and dimensions and whatnot so it could work.

Now the PROBLEM here is that I cant open then damn thing, I obviously tried undoing all the screws (read 1), some pulling, twisting and whatnot with little success, I don't want to manhandle it and break it right off, does anyone got actual experience replacing the battery or knows of a website that gives the actual instructions to do it?

(I cant post images, but the walkman is easy to see in a simple google search, is that little cylinder black thing, also yes, I tried looking for instructions myself before writing this, the most promising link providing them was to a forum that is undergoing renovations and is down as for right now)

thanks in advanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back