Replacement for Sony MDR-D66 or MDR-D77?
Oct 6, 2008 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Endzone

New Head-Fier
I loved my Sony MDR-D66 headphones, and I bought them from Audio Cubes in Osaka, Japan about 3 years ago. Unfortunately they quit in one ear. These headphones were very comfortable over the ear and they had good mid-range and decent highs. They weren't too strong on bass frequencies like a lot of headphones are IMHO. I don't like bass that is emphasized too much. I think their input impedence was 24 ohms, and they could be used with ipods, etc.

Anyone with experience using these Sony headphones that can make a recommendation for a good replacement? I'd like to stay under 100 USD if possible. I would actually prefer the sound of Grado SR-60s in a portable design. Is there such a thing?

Thanks,
Craig in Seattle

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 5
I have a pair I was just about to list on e-bay....I never listened to them....I like more bass and I bought mdr d -777 at the same time, plus I have my mdr v700's

I got them from audiocubes.
they have honestly had at most 2hrs of play time

was hoping to get mdr d-77 which went out of prod. way back.

I had 4 pairs of mdr d-77 that I got in tokyo in 93...those were the sickest cans!!!

anyway if you want these mdr d-66 I have here speak up...

i can post pics....they are as new as you can get.

thanks
-Pete

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello,

if you are still selling these, I may be interested...
k701smile.gif

Thanks

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I had the MDR-D66. A long time ago. I gave 'em to my son when the padding was all worn away. I figured it was time for some new Sonys. You should buy the MDR-6V. I have a set and love 'em. they fold too. not as good as the D66, but they fit in a traveling bag that comes with the cans.

-Gawain

mdrv6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back