Renting CDs
Jun 10, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 13
there's always the library.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg
Since movies on DVD and VHS can be rented, does anyone know of any music CD rental service that's available on the Internet?

The RIAA would shut that down so fast it would make your head spin...

EAC + CDR + cheap CD rentals = Bullseye for RIAA

Jun 10, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 13
I think I've heard that they rent cds in Japan? Anyway, like Nezer said, there is no way that it'd fly on this side of the Pacific....especially with burners so common place
rolleyes.gif

Jun 11, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #5 of 13
Local libraries have very limited holdings, and their CDs are often old and damaged. Anyone know any internet accessible libraries that have large CD holdings? Also, is it common for some Head-Fi members to share or exchange CDs? I realize that these questions are a bit sensitive, but they seem reasonable in view of CD availability from libraries, and existing rental sources for DVDs and video tapes, and also rentals, loans and exchanges of books.

Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
there's always the library.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Local libraries have very limited holdings, and their CDs are often old and damaged.

Luckily that's not the case with my local libraries.. and it's not all pop and country either! I've checked out some awesome stuff.. Wilco, Mercury Rev, His Name is Alive, Dead Can Dance, James, Morrissey, Cocteau Twins.. the list goes on! :)

-jar

Jun 13, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Local libraries have very limited holdings...

Actually, my library will order whatever I want it to. You may want to check the policies at your library.

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 13
my library is a treasure trove for classical and jazz. I mean its a JACKPOT!

Other stuff is sketchy. OTOH, they will order anything, and 2) They have a TON of dvds.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Also, is it common for some Head-Fi members to share or exchange CDs

Check the Mystery Box thread...

Jun 13, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #12 of 13
Thanks Jeff. I looked up the Mystery Box thread, found it to be a fantastic idea, and will join. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry

Check the Mystery Box thread...

Jun 17, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #13 of 13
My local library is very well stocked with cd and dvd's. They have 10-20 copies of most of the new DVD releases. I never rent DVD's anymore. This is one place where I can safely say that my taxes are well spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back