Remote controlled Ipod dock with LINE LEVEL volume control???
May 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gophaster

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First post and I'm not quite sure if you can help me but I've tried some of the other forums without much luck and it looks like there is quite a bit of knowledge here...

I have found remote control ipod docks that say they have "volume control" but I assume this means they control the volume on the headphone jack output?? Do any of the docks out there have volume control on the line level output of the dock itself?

Basically I am looking to connect my ipod directly to a car audio amplifier so I need a preamp/volume control built into the dock...does something like this exist?

More details: I am building a simple car stereo system with a three channel amplifier (left and right main speakers and a sub). I only plan to listen to ipod in this particular car so I do not want a head unit in the car. I'd like to hook up the ipod directly to the amp and control everything including volume through the dock's remote (preferably a RF remote on the dock).

My other option would be to simply use the headphone output of the ipod with a headphone to rca cable and hook that right up to the amp....but I'm not sure what the results will be.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for any help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back