Reimyo Dap999-ex new 24-bit K2 DAC
Sep 14, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 9
So this is the same DAC as in the CDP-777? It looks very nice.

No I2S input though
triportsad.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 9
There is not much information about it. The new DAC is 24 bit like the CD player and not 20 bit as in the previous DAC but that similarity is rather superficial. The new transport was not a simple take-over of the transport section of the CDP. Hard to know what they have done this time.

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm pretty sure I've heard this DAC in the flesh. Recently on a trip to Singapore, I dropped into Audionote at Adelphi and I believe they had it setup in their main system.

Within the context of a system based around Avantgarde Duo Mezzos it was pretty unreal (probably the cheapest part of that system
biggrin.gif
. Only spent about 20minutes listening though, so I can't tell you much comparison wise to anything else. Listening to the Imperial March off Empire Strikes Back soundtrack was DRAMATIC. If Vader has walked past I wouldn't have been suprised. Probably the best setup I've ever heard as far as locating the different instruments in parts of the orchestras. Mind you probably hardly broken in given its recent release.

I've heard the older model DAC 777 with matching transport on both Advantgarde Unos' and Duo Omegas over an extended period (about 7hrs of effortless listening) and Jazz at the Pawnshop was spooky
biggrin.gif
as in the illusion that the performers were in the room.

My only caveat on the older Reiymo is it still didn't have the liquidity of the vinyl when we switched to a 1/3rd the cost SimAudio Moon phono stage with a trusty CEC turntable. There might be something more analogue sounding out there that doesn't have the same abilities in other areas that the Reiymo does well.

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 9
Veefy, I've been interested in the Advantgarde speakers (especially the duos) for a while since it's high efficiency and something I'd eventually want to match with my SET amp.

Any thoughts on how those speakers compare to others that you have experience with?

Don't want to take away from the thread, so perhaps a PM?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Veefy, I've been interested in the Advantgarde speakers (especially the duos) for a while since it's high efficiency and something I'd eventually want to match with my SET amp.

Any thoughts on how those speakers compare to others that you have experience with?

Don't want to take away from the thread, so perhaps a PM?

Thanks in advance!

I'll start a thread about it, I have some nice pics of a few of the Avantgarde setups i've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back