Red Wine Audio Sig 30.2 - Now Avaiable at ALO
Jun 28, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for Vinnie or ALO:

"If your a fan of AKG-1000's or Stax Electrostatic headphones look no further, the Sig 30.2 will drive these like not other amp" -- from ALO's discription of the 30.2

How could I possibly run an electrostatic headphone unless there is custom jack for Stax in model with the volume pot? Or, is this something Vinnie can do? ...and has it been tried/tested? Seems like with the Isebella up front this might be an intersting alternative to a KGBH if it indeed works.

With the help on an energizer I presume.
Like the SRD-7, SRD-7 MK2 and SRD-7 Pro. Which hooks up between the Signature 30.2 speaker output and the Stax headphone.

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, it really looks great and I'm sure sounds great too. Do the tubes power the headphone stage? Also, what are the DAC specs?

Hi BigEat,

Thank you! Regarding the headphone output, the tubes are used for the voltage gain, and a discrete buffer is used for the output (which can drive down to 8-ohms with no problem, so low impedance headphones are fine).

Regarding the Isabellina dac module, it is very proprietary so I'm not sure what kind of specs you are looking for, but please email me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Quote:

Wow! The Isabella looks really nice.
I just wonder. Will we ever see a standalone DAC unit, based on the Isabella DAC module?

Hi krmathis,

Thank you! Yes, by early August we will have a stand-alone Isabellina unit. It will use the same Isabellina dac module that we offer for the Isabella. It will use the same style enclosure, the same 3 digital inputs (USB, optical and coax), SMART board and charger, etc. This will sell for $2500. We will have a webpage for it added to our website in a few weeks...

Quote:

only 6000 for what's basically an all-in-one solution? That actually doesn't sound too bad...

Better get around to selling my kidneys

Hi NoPants,

Yes sir... totally off-the-grid on SLA battery power, tubes, Isabellina dac module with 3 digital inputs (one of them is USB), 3 analog inputs, an an amazing headphone output stage (not to mention remote volume control, gain select switch, SMART board and charging, easy tube rolling, etc.).

If you can't get enough $$$ from your kidney, you can always sell and arm and/or leg... it is all about priorities!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Question for Vinnie or ALO:

"If your a fan of AKG-1000's or Stax Electrostatic headphones look no further, the Sig 30.2 will drive these like not other amp" -- from ALO's discription of the 30.2

How could I possibly run an electrostatic headphone unless there is custom jack for Stax in model with the volume pot? Or, is this something Vinnie can do? ...and has it been tried/tested? Seems like with the Isebella up front this might be an intersting alternative to a KGBH if it indeed works.

Hi Lornecherry,

I apologize for the confusion... krmathis is correct - you would need a high voltage energizer. A while back I tried an old pair of Stax with the 30.2. It used an external high voltage supply unit that had speaker-level inputs (fed from the 30.2) and the output plugged into the Stax headphones with their custom plug/cable. Sorry I don't remember the model, but it was a good 20 years old or more!

As far as newer Stax models, please let me know their impedance and sensitivity. I can at least let you know if the Isabella would be a good match (assuming you have an external high voltage source). I'm not sure if this would work but I can look into it for you if interested.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi krmathis,

Thank you! Yes, by early August we will have a stand-alone Isabellina unit. It will use the same Isabellina dac module that we offer for the Isabella. It will use the same style enclosure, the same 3 digital inputs (USB, optical and coax), SMART board and charger, etc. This will sell for $2500. We will have a webpage for it added to our website in a few weeks...

Perfect!
If I decide to get the Signature 30.2 it would be great with a matching DAC. But the Isabella would be overkill, since I don't need the pre-amp stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back