recording live music: opinions on radio shack tie clip microphone, please!
Oct 8, 2001 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
i need a tie-clip style microphone for recording live music by thursday. i am looking at radio shack's 33-3028 tie-clip style mic. for $29 i'm not expecting too much, but if anyone has used this or knows of a better low profile mic from radio shack, please let me know. i will be recording into a sony mz-r70pc minidisc recorder.

thanks in advance.

RS Mic

Oct 10, 2001 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 7
Ok,since no one has responded,and the rickster is compulsive and can let no post go unanswered-
No actual experience but on the MicDiYers List that I subscribe to there have been a couple of reports on this mic and they were positive,all i got man
rolleyes.gif

Oct 10, 2001 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Ok,since no one has responded,and the rickster is compulsive and can let no post go unanswered-

lol! rick, you're an asset to these boards.

i got the mic and it is just ok, doesn't handle high volumes well and has a somewhat tinny response. very stealthy, though.

Oct 10, 2001 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 7
just ran the specs over at radioshack.com,it is the battery voltage that is limiting the spl handling,1.5 volts just don't cut it.But for the intended use looks to be a fine device

Oct 10, 2001 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

for the intended use looks to be a fine device

agreed. solid build and good voice reproduction.

Oct 19, 2001 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 7
umm... i have some $170 soundprofessional mics (audio technica) that i use for live recording. they work GREAT... but that's just a little bit more than $30
smily_headphones1.gif
and sorry I can't really help
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2001 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 7
i think they just mentioned these rat shack mic's on the micdiyer list again. if you want to increase the spl handling you could apply the linkwitz mod and pump up the voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back