Record Doctor II - Problem?
Aug 18, 2003 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Matt

Are there any women on this board?
Hello, all.

I have been using my AudioAdvisor RDII for eight months now to clean over 500 records, and I have yet to open that plug and get anything out of it. Lord knows I've tried: I've opened it over the sink and shaken it, I've tilted it all around, etc. and nothing happens.

Can anyone offer any suggestion?

Regards,
Matt

Aug 18, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Depending on frequency of washing, room temperature and type of solution, the waste solution can evaporate on its own but it is always still good to try to empty it once in a while so you don't get overflow.

My VPI cleaner has a tube at the back connected to the waste container so it is really easy to see waste solution in there and easy to drain it.

Aug 18, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 5
...if I could just turn it on, pour a little tablespoon or so of water down there, shake it up a bit and drain that. I do notice that the solution can dry up, being 20% alcohol and all.

Hmmm...any input?

Regards,
Matt

Aug 18, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Most of the drain tanks can hold 20-30 ounces so a couple of ounces would probably be better to loosen up the crap that is dried in the tank. A dilute solution with isopropyl alcohol will work better since it will loosen up the dirt more effectively.

Aug 18, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't think that having a slightly dirty waste storage tank is a problem. There won't be anything growing in there if you are using an alcohol solution. And if you try messing around with flushing it could create a problem with moisture being where it shouldn't.
But I'm only guessing since I have the VPI.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back