Recommended Portable Player?
May 5, 2003 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xlifez

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, i have my eyes on the *NEW* IPOD and the Iriver iHP-100..

which one you think is better? whats your ups and downs? which one is smaller? which one is lighter? blahh haha HELP ME!

P.S. i also want to know when the ihp will come out..

the up thing i'm kinda lookin at the ihp is that it has radio which the ipod lacks...

May 5, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 7
the radio stations in every single city I have ever visitted have been ****. I don't know why you're looking forward to that feature. But if your city has quality radio stations, then more power to you.

I don't think suggestions can be made until it is heard. Granted, it seems like a quality player. But remember that the SlimX's line-out isn't exactly high-caliber (unless I misread, the slimX's line-out is a regularly amplified signal simply bypassing volume control). If the ihp has that problem, then it all depends on sound quality and recording features. If it's recording features you want, then probably it'll be the ihp. But if it's sound quality you want, you're just going to have to wait for the players to be released before we can help you out. Ipod has great sound quality, as has been continually stated in this forum. If you don't need the random features of the ihp, then you'd probably be better off with the ipod.

May 5, 2003 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by xlifez
Ok, i have my eyes on the *NEW* IPOD and the Iriver iHP-100..

which one you think is better? whats your ups and downs? which one is smaller? which one is lighter? blahh haha HELP ME!

P.S. i also want to know when the ihp will come out..

the up thing i'm kinda lookin at the ihp is that it has radio which the ipod lacks...

Well, I got a new IPod as a present and it rocks! I'm still getting used to it as it's my first MP3 player of any sort. It just looks great and sounds quite good with my KSC35s. It's really easy to use and the new buttons are very cool. Highly recommended if you can afford it.

May 5, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 7
do you happen to know if the ipod will beable to download more games later on? and mayb would the ihp would have such futures? if the ihp doesn't have them den screw it!

May 5, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 7
are you looking for quality player with nice sound or a player with more games?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back