Recommendations wanted! Ety ER-4PT, RHA MA750i, Klipsch X7i, Shure SE425
Jul 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RubenR

New Head-Fier
Ok, I spent the past 3 days reading a hundred and one reviews and feel utterly lost in the IEM-woods, also since I'm lacking the technical know-how which makes interpretation at times difficult. This will be the first time I'm putting down more than $100 on in-ear phones. I do own Polk full size headphones and love the sound but noticed recently that I tend to leave them at home when travelling due to their size.  

Here's a brief description of my usage profile:
- no amp, play directly from iPhone 4S
- music types vary but definitely include a fair dose of electronic, R&B/Hip Hop but also some 70s/80s rock and pop ... no classical/jazz
- has to come with a mic for iPhone
- mostly used for air travel
- prior in-ears have been uncomfortable, perhaps because the phones were poor or I didn't bother trying the various sizes

So after three days of browsing I -- rightly or wrongly-- came up with the following short list:
Ety ER-4PT,  --- WoF on innerfidelity, but slightly weak bass (electronic music?), low impedance suited for iphone, custom option
RHA MA750i, --- another WoF on innerfidelity, great price point, better base than the Ety?
Klipsch X7i, --- perhaps #4 in my list, hefty detailed bass but slight loss of composure, CNET wasn't overly impressed, issue with microphonics?
Shure SE425 --- arguably the best sound quality of the 4 but is it worth the loftier price?  

Other suggestions are also welcome but only if you promise they won't confuse me any further.

Appreciate any guidance.
Thanks!

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back