Recommendations for over ear, bluetooth aptx headphones that can block the office out!
Oct 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bytebandit

New Head-Fier
Hello,

New here, not an audiophile by any means, but I am in a bind.

I recently bought a pair of Panasonic rf headphones, seemed expensive to me at 50 ukp (I had no idea until recently just how much youcan spend on headphones) but i have a number of issues with them. The sound is muffled, they make my ears hot and they give me a headache.

I decided to look for something better and figured bluetooth was far more useful than rf, and from what I read I should be looking at aptx as well.

I wear them most of the day in the office so need to be comfy, I have a reasonably large head and I'd rather not have my scalp pressed on all day. The office is not that noisy so sound sound leakage could be an issue at times, they need to keep sound in and the office out when it does get noisy. My understanding is that noise cancellation is not very effectice against speech, which would be the major office noise.

Battery life is not really an issue as they will rarely leave the office.

The top 3 contenders seem to be logitech ue 9000, parrot zik and sony mdr-1rbt.

Ue 9000 - can't turn noise cancellation off, heavy
Zik - tech galore, proprietary and short battery, good with cable as well, possibly quality control issues, heavy, no aptx
Mdr-1rbt - no noise cancellation, the very large frequency response is interesting though at 40 will I notice? no aptx

As I said, im not an audiophile though I can tell the difference between my cheap phillips wired at home and my wife's bose.

My inclination is the zik, I like gadgets, the noise noise cancellation is apparently good though possibly not effective against speech, they apparently sound good, but mainly the tech. I dont know I would appreciate the sound difference between any of them to be honest.

Music is varied but usually 80s radio on Spotify with high quality streaming on and using an aptx dongle, or my htc one, also aptx.

Is there anything, or any other product, I have have not considered?

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Forget the mdr-bt. Also, frequency bandwidth doesn't matter at all. I'd suggest you get some of the cheaper CIEMs perhaps.

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 7
CIEMs - look like regular in ear headphones to me with fancy colours??? I've never gotten on with in ear headphones, pop out as soon as a smile. Although these will be made to my ear, I have little confidence they will stay there unless they are coated with something that can stick my oily skin. Still, quite intriguing, I had no idea such things existed, very illuminating, thanks.

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 7
^I think they'll stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back