Recommendations 2.1 speakers
Oct 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jinx Jinxed

New Head-Fier
Hello,

im looking for the best sounding 2.1 pc speakers i can get for up to 500 euro's max
i'm currently using the KRK's Rokit RP6 Gen3, Sounds great but too flat for my taste.
i was looking into the Teufel Concept D 500 THX Multi Media and after watching reviews i decided to buy 1 but unfortunately they are not for sale anymore since 2013. :frowning2:
all the reviews i could find about it praised the Teufel Concept D 500 THX Multi Media really really high.
is there maybe i newer version of it? or do u know a 2.1 system that is as good or maybe even better then the Teufel Concept D 500 THX Multi Media? (max 500 euro's)
i use it mostly for Music,Games and movies but mostly Music (EDM,Trance,Vocal,Electro house) eg:

https://soundcloud.com/dimitrivegasandlikemike/dvlm-tj-fg-nova
or
https://soundcloud.com/beyourselfmusic/eminence-johann-stone-nebula-preview-available-november-3

maybe, just maybe will i consider bookshelf speakers if its really that much better then a 2.1 for that price range.
Opinions/Recommendations are very appreciated!
(i'm NOT looking for Studio Monitors!!)

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 5
witch 1 would u recommend?
Dali Zensor 1 or Wharfedale Diamond 121

i hear lots of good things about the Dali but the only con for me would be that the bassreflexport is on the back witch is not optimal for me since it will be placed close to a wall where as the Wharfedale has a better bassreflexport for the situation i'm in.

the Dali's costs 298 euro a pair
Wharfedale costs 258 euro a pair

what opinions do u guys have about these 2?
what are the pros and what are the cons.
if the Dali's are sounding better ,would the price difference be worth it?

id also really like to squeeze a subwoofer in my budget i might raise my budget to 600/650 euro's
any recommended Subwoofer for 1 of these pair of speakers?

i don't have much knowledge about receivers and amplifiers, just don't want a amp/rec that makes my pair of speakers underperform. (what price would i be looking at for these requirements?)
would u either recommend an amp or a receiver? (don't have much room left on my desk so i prefer a compact amp/rec)
it needs to be compatible with pc since im using this setup on my pc.
recommended amp/rec would also be helpfull and must also be compatible with either the dali's or wharfedale+ soon to be known sub.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 5
where can i do that?
im using Focusrite 2i2 thus making my creative soundblaster's EQ useless.

Well, there are media players that built in EQ. You could try one of them and see it improves the sound for you. Then investigate software like Equalizer APO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back