Recommendation for DAC/AMP
Jun 16, 2023 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

glinty766

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of HD650s and Audioengine A5's for use with pc and would love a recommendation for these. Budget is around $100 - $200 give or take. One requirement I'd like is when the headphone jack is in use, the speakers are not. I currently have a UM2 and don't like that the speakers don't cut out when the headphones are plugged in.

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Jun 18, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #4 of 4
I will pull out my HD650 and listen to Topping L30 and E30 and FIIO K7 dac amp combo as i am interested myself, both are around the 200-300$ mark.

With the Topping L30 and E30 you have much more clarity and is more laid back than the FIIO K7. But i have to admin the fun factor was with the FIIO k7 the music and has more body, but the clarity went downhill it sounds a bit more muddy. Keep in mind that music sound taste is subjective per individual. So think about what you really like to hear in music. I hope this help you a bit on what you are looking for both have a line out to a speaker and both stop playing music when you switch from output.

The music i used to listen was from Tidal MQA disabled with exclusive mode on.
  • Pjanoo (radio edit) - Eric Prydz (for mids and bass)
  • Road - Lane 8 ft Artic Lake (for vocals)

Extra info: I use these mostly with my DT-1770 pro and DT 1990 pro.
I have a Topping L30 and E30 The price is around 280€ I like them but they sound boring and flat after 3 years i am just sick of them maybe. But they are really good if you want detail go for a Topping. Few days ago i bought the FIIO K7 and i really love it i find the music to be much more enjoyable bass has more body and the overal sound is more fun but there is less detail. The price for the FIIO K7 is like 200€ for a dac/amp combo (also really nice with movies and games).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back