Recommend me some IEM's for girlfriends Xmas present! ($500 budget)
Dec 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thorjo1984

New Head-Fier
My girlfriend has been wanting a nice set of IEM's for a while. We've been living together for a few years so I'd probably get to use them every now and then as well. She'll be using them primarily at work and they'll be hooked up directly to her Samsung Note 4 99% of the time. She mainly listens to different types of rock and sometimes watches Netflix on her phone while she works.

My budget is around $500 for these headphones though I wouldn't mind spending less, say around $300. I've looked at several headphones from Shure, Sony, JVC, and Sennheiser but I'm basically as lost as when I started looking. I could really use some input from members with experience with these headphones. So far the only ones I've read a lot into are the JVC HA-FX850 and they sound nice, though I'm not sure how they compare to all the other brands within similar price range.

Anyone got some input?

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 3
  My girlfriend has been wanting a nice set of IEM's for a while. We've been living together for a few years so I'd probably get to use them every now and then as well. She'll be using them primarily at work and they'll be hooked up directly to her Samsung Note 4 99% of the time. She mainly listens to different types of rock and sometimes watches Netflix on her phone while she works.

My budget is around $500 for these headphones though I wouldn't mind spending less, say around $300. I've looked at several headphones from Shure, Sony, JVC, and Sennheiser but I'm basically as lost as when I started looking. I could really use some input from members with experience with these headphones. So far the only ones I've read a lot into are the JVC HA-FX850 and they sound nice, though I'm not sure how they compare to all the other brands within similar price range.

Anyone got some input?

I've fallen in love with the ATH CKR9 so the CKR10 is an option I'd recommend for you. It's been a Japan only item for a while, but they started offering it in the US and Europe recently. It's the Audio Technica counterpart to the FX850, which is another well loved IEM. Twister6 wrote a great review of it recently. Shure has the 535 and Sony has innumerable IEMs under your budget but I have no experience with those. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back