Recommend headphones for Sansa Clip+
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ezarc

New Head-Fier
I have a Sansa Clip+ incoming in the mail and I also have a pair of Porta Pros but I have read that they aren't a very good match due to the headphones being 64 ohm and the Sansa Clip+ clipping at medium volumes trying to power them as well as quite a number of posts around the internet saying they aren't a very good match.

I have read 32 ohms or less and sensitivity of 100 dB or over should be a good match.

I don't have a lot of experience with headphones and portable devices and I am only quoting what I have reas so I am aware that it may be misinformation as well.

Is anyone able to advise me of what to look for or even to recommend some headphones to try?

Preferably some lightweight headphones similar to the Porta Pros (I can't stand earbuds), the main use will be for walking/jogging and listening to music.

Thanks for any help. 

(price range less than $50)

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 6
I use the Sennheiser PX100II's with my Sansa Clip+ and they sound terrific, imo.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks but a bit over my budget, they cost around $100 here.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am in Australia. 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/headphones/sennheiser/sennheiser-px-100-stereo-mini-headphones/11227/

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow! That's working out at £53 whereas I can buy them here in Scotland for £30, not far off half the price. I can only assume you have commensurately high wages. Anyway, sorry I can't help out.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 6
JVC HA-S400 or HA-S500.
Might even find a good price on the HA-S680.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back